Saturday, October 10, 2009

Old Poem.

Skipped the fellowship, just went to Shatin Po Fuk Shan with Mum today.
Seeing the photo and reading the words, I suddenly thought of this old stuff written 9 years ago. Just took this out from the bottom of my drawer, the pack filled with my precious times.



"Time flies," everyone says.
It's frightening sometimes to look in the mirror and see the evidence of that.
So often, we don't take a moment to say what's in our hearts, and then, when it's too late, we wish we had.
I'm taking a moment now, Dad, to tell you this...

Sorry Dad, I hadn't got much time
to understand you. When I want to do so,
you have already left me.
But I want to tell you something that, Dad,
I really love you.

When I was a child,
we sang together, played together,
and laughed together.
When you passed away,
I couldn't think of anything to say.
I just know that
my wonderful childwood had gone with you.

Now, you are still in my heart,
I still miss you.
If time could go back,
I must tell you one thing,
"Dad, I love you."

0 comments: